HONG KONG — Marriott International in late April announced the launch of the Global Cleanliness Council to promote even higher standards of cleanliness in the age of COVID-19. For more than 90 years, the company has been recognized as a hospitality leader for its commitment to quality, exacting standards, and rigorous training. Today, our hotels across Asia Pacific are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleanliness from the local health authorities to provide guests with a safe and comfortable environment.
Over the next 30 days, Marriott plans to arm hotel associates with enhanced sanitization guidelines as well as operational training videos. Over time when guests are in our hotels, they will notice a number of additions to our cleaning processes designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness such as protocols related to social distancing which includes increased contactless options such as mobile check-in, in-room dining practices as well as new approaches to food service, meetings and events.
In Asia Pacific, Marriott International aims to introduce a series of enhanced measures for meetings and events, in preparation for when guests and customers are ready to meet. These measures have been designed to provide additional assurance while maintaining a high-quality meeting experience for meeting organizer and attendees that they have been traditionally used to at Marriott’s portfolio of hotels and resorts.
Site Inspection and Arrival Experience
- Site Inspections – our hotels are offering virtual solutions for event planners who cannot or prefer to not travel. Event planners will not have to be onsite to get a full picture of the hotel and its meeting facilities.
- Arrival Experience – masks and hand sanitizers are available upon request by meeting planners and attendees.
Meetings and Events
- From High-Touch to ‘Touchless’ – Through flexible rearrangement of meeting furniture, our hotels can accommodate different seating capacities. Chairs are kept at a safe distance to ensure that social distancing requirements are met. Additionally, we recommend the usage of outdoor spaces for more ventilation. Our teams are ready to consult with each meeting planner to review and align on expected social distancing practices. Our associates are required to have personal protective equipment including masks, and all associates will undergo mandatory temperature check especially when on duty. Where available, our hotels will recommend live/Virtual Hybrid Meetings through live-steaming capabilities to minimize social contact.
- Deeper and More Frequent Cleanings – We are implementing even higher standards of hotel cleanliness measures, including disinfecting every meeting space, increasing the frequency of sanitization to restrooms and frequently-touched items such as elevator buttons, escalator and stair handrails and door knobs. We are also providing hand sanitizer stations throughout the meeting spaces.
Meals and Breaks
We set meals and breaks in spaces reserved for the specific event in order to avoid co-mingling with attendees from other events. A wide variety of F&B options tailored to group size may be offered, this includes:
- Grab and Go
- Canned and Bottled Beverages
- Plated Service
- Serving coffee breaks staffed by associates or providing pre-packaged coffee break and condiment options for attendees.
‘Triple Treats’ Rewards
Meeting planners can earn 3X the rewards plus 5,000 signing bonus points. Book an eligible meeting or event between now until 15 Sept 2020, for meetings held by 31st Dec 2020 at hotels & resorts participating in Marriott Bonvoy™ across Asia Pacific. Three perks may be chosen:
- 5% off master-billed rooms
- One comp for every 10 paying delegates
- Triple Points
- 1 comp room night for every 25 paid room nights
- 1 comp room upgrade for every 25 paid room nights