CHICAGO—Hyatt Hotels Corp. today announced Hyatt’s first annual Global Day of Gratitude as part of Hyatt’s commitment to caring for the wellbeing of its colleagues, guests and customers. On December 12, 2018, every guest checking into a Hyatt-branded hotel and every Hyatt colleague around the globe is encouraged to send a postcard to someone for whom they are grateful. The custom-designed “Gratitude Grams” will be handed to guests upon check-in today, and, if the guest returns it to the hotel, Hyatt will cover the postage.
“We believe wellbeing is the ultimate expression of our purpose—to care for people so they can be their best,” said Mia Kyricos, who joined in August as Hyatt’s first Global Head of Wellbeing, tasked with driving Hyatt’s internal and external wellbeing strategy forward. “By placing wellbeing at the heart of our business model, we promise to lead the hospitality industry in caring for the wellbeing of our colleagues and guests alike.”
Hyatt is prioritizing its efforts to invest in this area by focusing on three landmarks of wellbeing:
- FEEL: How you feel, or your emotional and mental wellbeing;
- FUEL: How you fuel your body through things like food, nutrition and sleep; and
- FUNCTION: How you physically move and function at work, in life and at play.
“At Hyatt, we know that gratitude is proven to positively impact how we feel about ourselves and the world around us,” continued Mia Kyricos. “We are excited to unite our colleagues and guests during this Global Day of Gratitude in a single act of kindness, while also taking another important step toward becoming caretakers of wellbeing across Hyatt and realizing our vision of a world of understanding and care.”
Moving forward, Hyatt plans to bring its landmarks of wellbeing to life via guest-centric strategic collaborations, which will include products and services designed to positively impact how colleagues, guests and customers feel, fuel and function in and outside of hotel stays.
Notable Hyatt Wellbeing Initiatives to Date
- Multi-million dollar investment to pilot and implement products, programs and services to positively impact the wellbeing of colleagues around the globe.
- Invested in the growth of the Miraval and Exhale wellbeing brands, including renovations of existing resorts and studios, as well as the opening of new Miraval resorts in Austin, Texas (expected to open in January 2019) and Lenox, Mass. (expected to open in fall 2019).
- Provided additional bonus points for spend on fitness on the newly launched World of Hyatt credit card.
- Evolved the future guest experience at Hyatt Place hotels to include on-demand Exhale video content, exclusive Exhale privileges and rates, enhanced fitness and wellbeing environments and collaborations with wellbeing applications.
- Curated exclusive World of Hyatt member experiences designed to benefit the mind, body and spirit on Hyatt’s FIND experiences platform.
- Continue building on the long-standing Food. Thoughtfully Sourced. Carefully Served. global food philosophy, which is designed to offer food options that are good for Hyatt guests, good for the community and good for the planet.
For more information, visit hyatt.com.